Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (C2)

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (C2)
Original Recipe Source: About.com


A lot of you have had no luck with the cauliflower crust pizza or didn't care for the flavor.

Here's a vegetarian version of a whole wheat pizza crust.

I'd modify the ingredients as follows, which is modifying the oil, honey/sugar and also cutting the recipe in half.

Be aware!!!! If you eat the entire reduced recipe pizza crust, it is 4.3 Natural Starches, so you'd be able to eat half of that for both of your natural starches.

Modified ingredients and half the recipe would be:


1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 package active dry yeast or instant yeast
a little more than 1/4 tsp salt (maybe 1/3 tsp)
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
Agave Nectar instead of sugar (sugar was about 2 Tbsp)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there- quick question! In the book I don't see anything about whole wheat flour being part of the healthy starch list for C2- but going off even your blog here where you list all of the approved starches by cycle, it says the serving size is 1 tbsp. I suck at math so I had to google it but 15 tbsp are in a cup, so just curious how this would be compliant with the diet? I am DYING for pizza and I can't seem to perfect the texture for the cauliflower so I was pumped to see this recipe until I started researching further :( HELP!

    ReplyDelete