After looking at ingredients in the yogurt brands listed below, we have been able to come up with a short list of which are ok and which are not. If you like a brand that is not listed, please let me know the brand and, if possible, the list of ingredients so we can add it below!
How to Determine if Your Yogurt is OK to Eat:
Look at the list of ingredients and make sure there is no sugar, by any name, listed.
Look at the nutrition label and make sure that for a 6 ounce serving, you come in at or under 10g of sugar per 6 ounce serving.
Your yogurt will not show 0 sugars--ever! All dairy products have naturally occuring milk sugars, which are allowed. It's the added sugars which are not allowed.
Any Greek yogurt that is flavored most likely got that way by having sugar added, which is not allowed. Non-greek yogurts are not always the case with added sugar, so read your labels carefully.
Here is a list of what we know regarding brands of Yogurts. If you have any others to add to this list, please comment on this post with the brand name and list of ingredients and other info and we will update this list as we are aware of changes.
- Activia Light, fat-free, flavored
- CarbMasters, flavored
- Dannon Light & Fit Diabetic Friendly
- Mountain High Plain Nonfat
- Mountain High Plain Lowfat
- CarbMasters Greek Lite, flavored
- Chobani Plain Nonfat
- Chobani Plain 2%
- Dannon Oikos Plain Nonfat
- Fage 0% Plain Nonfat
- Fage 2% Plain Lowfat
- Kirkland (Costco) Greek Nonfat (this is basically the same as Chobani)
- Nostimo Nonfat
NON COMPLIANT YOGURTS
- Activia flavored (sugar, fructose)
- CarbMasters Lite (sugar)
- Dannon Oikos Fruit @ the bottom (sugar; fruit juice)
- Great Value (WalMart) flavored (fructose)
- Publix No Sugar Added flavored (Juice)
- Yoplait Light Flavored (Sugar)
- Activia Light Greek
- CarbMasters Greek (not the Lite)
- Chobani flavored (evaporated cane juice)
- Dannon Light & Fit (fructose)
- Light & Fit (fructose)
- Lucerne plain fat free: iffy (corn starch; high in natural sugars)
- Yoplait 100 calorie flavored (fruit blend with sugar)
- Yoplait 110 calorie flavored (sugar)