Saturday, January 14, 2012

Switching up C3


For those who've been around the block a few times on this diet and want to stay on C3, but need some ideas on how to switch things up and keep fooling your metabolism, here's some things that I did that accomplished this.  I'm a longtime C3-er (I was on it continuously from April 2011 through early-January 2012).

* Add or delete 1 carb for a few days

* Add or delete 1 fruit for a few days

* Add a probiotic (I never went down on these!!!) or increase your portion size to 8 ozs or 9 ozs from the 6 oz serving we use

* Vary the kind of protein you eat every few days (I am a chicken person, so I will switch to pork or go vegetarian for a few days on the weekend to do this)

* Vary the kind of carbs you eat (I always eat an oatmeal cookie muffin loaf in the morning [1.5 starches], so I switched to a sandwich mid-day for a few days)

* Try the zigzag calorie method. There are zigzag calculators online. I used this once and didn't do anything; then I used it again about a month later and didn't go *quite* as high as the calculator suggested (1,800) and it popped something loose on the loss

* Do what I did this last time: 3 days C3 followed by 2 days C1 and keep repeating -- this really kicked something loose with 7.3 lbs in 2.5 weeks, whereas previous cycles had been 0.1, 0.3, 2.6, 3.1, etc.

* Eat one meal that is not allowed: for some reason, with some people when you go back to the healthy eating you're used to, the disallowed items eating seems to kick something loose; I know it did for me (I did this for about 3 days at one point).

1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you can trust that not only will you receive gourmet entrees, but that every entree and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs will be balanced to bistroMD's designed nutritional platform that helps promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Select one of the weight loss plans for 5 to 7 days of entrees.
    STEP 2 - View your menu before ordering and choose the entrees you would like for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your diet program.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are sent to your doorstep.

    ORDER NOW - home delivery.

    ReplyDelete