Thursday, April 18, 2013

Just Bananas Muffins (C3)

From Forks Over Knives website



These have no sugar, no salt, no oil, no flour, no eggs.

And yes, they DO have flavor!

Click HERE to go to the recipe on ForksOverKnives' website.

I made them last night and used large bananas; if you use large bananas, only use 3 of them would be my recommendation.  The reason I suggest this is that the amount of apple juice and applesauce is intended for small to medium size for the sweetness and with large bananas, they do need a bit more sweet to them.

What I plan to do with my batch that I made (I made jumbos) is to split them open and heat them up and put a dollop of applesauce on top of each half.

I have modified this recipe a bit:

  • Added 1 scoop of protein powder (I use banana flavored protein powder)
  • Reduced the ground oats (after grinding) down to 1 1/2 cups
  • I use 1 Tbsp vanilla extract instead of 1/2 Tbsp
  • Add a little Stevia as needed. Depending on the ripeness of the bananas, the sweetness varies a little bit
  • Add a little bit of oil -- this adds moistness to the finished product
  • Bake 15-20 minutes


NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
For standard sized muffins (for Jumbo, double these figures)
70 calories
17.3g carbs (not all count towards your starch for the day; see below)
1.75g fat
2.6g protein
0.29mg sodium
5.04g sugar
2.5g fiber

17DD:
Each standard sized muffin is 1/2 of one of your starch servings


No comments:

Post a Comment